Sunday, December 8, 2013

Do You Want To Be Famous?

I'm not quite sure what being famous is but, I'm sure everyone out there has their own opinion about what it means to them. To me, it means a plentitude of flashbulbs (do we still use flashbulbs) exploding in your face, never having any real privacy or a moment's peace to yourself, thereby forcing you to hire private security to shelter you from one place to another just so you can shop for groceries or try on a pair of shoes.
That is not the kind of fame that I want.
My kind of fame is a little more subtle. The kind that the people of the MTV show Teen Wolf have (except at ComiCon and other such expos- man those fans go crazy!), the kind that makes it easy for the likes of Blair Underwood and Matt Damon to walk their kids to school. The kind that allows me to get through my day trying to have a life and still do the things that make me happy. I want to have people know who I am but not at the expense of limiting my mobility in this world.
Selfish? Maybe.
Listen, I understand that with being in the public eye there comes some compromises but at which state do you draw the line.
For me, I would like that line drawn right there, in the sand where my freedom exist and the darker side looks on from the other side. So, to answer the question, yes, I would like to be famous- but, within reason.
If there is such a thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment